Basketball is a great way to get fit and stay in shape, so why wouldn’t you join COTRUGLI Alumni basketball team?
The team meets once a week – every Monday (20-21 h), except for holidays. The location is Sv. Duh 122, Zagreb (parking lot is in front of basketball hall). Participation fee in amount of HRK 100.00 is to be paid one month in advance.
All of COTRUGLI Alumni are welcome to join the team. For more information, contact Mario Martinek at firstname.lastname@example.org
EMBA 14 generation completed their Personal Development module with lecturer Mike George. With this module being completed, EMBA 14 generation will have only 4 modules left to conclude their Executive MBA studies at COTRUGLI.
The lecture was provided to help students gain a deeper understanding of themselves and people around them, all with a goal to bring an understanding of how Personal Development serves as a foundation of being an effective manager to each participant with a deeper understanding of a difference between manager and leader.
Professor also provided meditation session for those that wanted to relax and learn how to relax.
Mike George is best-selling author with fourteen publications published in fifteen languages. Coach and guide for personal and executive development for Mitsubishi, Siemens, Johnson and Johnson, Dupont, American Express, British Telecom, Tetra Laval, United Bank of Switzerland, KLM, Royal Dutch Airlines, The Allianz Group, Barclays Bank, Royal Mail, Royal Bank of Scotland, NHS, Sheraton Hotels, The BBC, Pliva, Heineken, Agrokor, CCHBC, Dukat, Carlsberg, Zagrebačka banka, Alstom.
In a unique blend of insight, wisdom and humor, Mike brings together the three key strands of 21st century – emotional/spiritual intelligence, management/leadership development and continuous unlearning.
Last weekend Executive MBA 9 generation attended their Digital Transformation module in Belgrade. The module was held by Professor Manuel Alonso Coto, a global expert on the topic of Digital Transformation coming from Madrid, Spain.
This module confidently helped students to conceive, lead and execute digital innovation initiatives and develop new business models for existing and insurgent organizations. It was intended for students pursuing business careers in which digital technologies will be critical to the development of new products and services.
Professor Manuel Alonso Coto is the Director of innovation for Digital Transformation & Marketing in IE Business School, where he finished his Executive MBA. Also, he is Board’s External Advisor for Greater than one, Europe and Diana Media group, which are in the top five advertising agencies in the US.
Specific information and tools that could really be useful and applicable in students future work were in the center of the module. Very inspiring and interesting lectures enabled students to understand better what are their career options in this rapidly evolving space.
Vertiv is a global leader in designing, manufacturing, and servicing mission critical infrastructure technologies for critical power and thermal management systems. Join their team as a Solutions Delivery Manager.
Job Title: Solutions Delivery Manager
Function/Department: Global Engineered Solutions
Reports to: Director, GES Project Management
Management or Independent Contributor: Independent Contributor
JOB SUMMARY & ACCOUNTABILITIES: Responsible for managing complex modular data center programs which consist of a high level of pre-engineered, prefabricated components as well as site construction. Ensures that all required resources such as planning, engineering, production, finance, sourcing, logistics and construction are complete for the program. Plans, directs and monitors program budget and serves as one of the primary customer contact for program information. Has overall accountability for desired project goals, budget, compliance and safety. May be responsible for business development within current customer base and/or for new customers.
- Prepare the project plan, develop project scopes, schedules, contracts, and budgets.
- Oversee the performance of the assigned project, including financial performance and operational compliance and report status to management stakeholders on a regular basis. May include oversight of several smaller regional job sites.
- Ensures proper methods are followed to track program cost, schedules and performance across projects/programs. Anticipate and resolve operational issues and risks associated with the projects.
- Ensures program methodologies for the project and the program management directives are followed
- Lead project meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close)
- Manage contract labor and resources effectively.
- Develop internal relationships with management stakeholders
- Create and sustain a strong customer focus, and maintain high expectations for performance while collaborating across organizational boundaries to meet or exceed goals. Supply timely, accurate, and relevant information to assist senior leadership, customers, or management in making decisions.
- Lead weekly program reviews of Project or Projects
- Conducts program reviews that identify root-cause and corrective action as well as continuous improvement and financial performance
- Work closely with Business Development to provide future opportunities for existing customers and solutions for new customers
- Understand and develop methodologies that allow program managers to apply leading verses lagging indicators
- Develop processes for identifying, assessing, monitoring and mitigating risk throughout the program life cycle
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Assist in development Program Management processes and best practices to support the growth of the business.
- Foster employee engagement and ensure that business and operational goals are effectively communicated to employees. Acts as a role model and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Promote a positive working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve excellence in productivity, customer service, quality, and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
- Actively participates and initiates process improvements to organizational processes.
- Demonstrates leadership behaviors that support continued growth and development and company mission and values.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Director, GES Project Management
High level of cross-functional interaction across Vertiv Business Units. High degree of involvement with customers, industry associations, vendors, suppliers, contract labor, regulators, and other related. Constant cross- cultural interactions, with sales personnel, product management, R&D, engineering, and executive management.
POSITION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Up to 30% domestic / international travel is required
- Participation in global calls outside of normal working hours.
- Residence in Zagreb
- Experience should include complex design/build data center projects (over $10 Million).
- Experience must include the management of engineering and professional services contractors.
- A Professional Engineer’s license is preferred and Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Certified Construction Management (CCM) credentials are desired.
- Experience with varied engineering backgrounds such as civil, industrial, environmental, process, manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, plumbing or planning
- Experience and knowledge in OSHA regulations and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Experience supervising multidiscipline teams with staff of varying experience.
- Experience interfacing with clients and proposing innovative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of project and client types.
- Bachelors Degree with emphasis in business or engineering or directly related degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of program related experience.
Analysis, Solving Problems and Making Decisions
Establishing Effective Teamwork
Drive and Sense of Urgency
Achieving Outcomes and Optimizing Processes, Procedures and Practices
Building and Maintaining Relationships
Apply for a position by sending your CV to: email@example.com
The biggest Blockchain Meetup was held in hotel Westin in Zagreb with more than 600 applicants and over 400 attendees. State Secretary in Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Slovenia, Tadej Slapnik, emphasized the fact that blockchain is not a hype!
On March 3, COTRUGLI Blockchain Academy organized the Blockchain Adria Meetup at the hotel Westin in Zagreb. The Meetup was relocated to the Westin hotel due to a high interest in the event.
The event gathered 14 speakers including: Tadej Slapnik, Zoran Đorđević, Tomislav Kosanović, Mario Vojvoda, Tilen Šarlah, Tilen Travnik, Peter Merc, Petko Karamotchev, Dražen Kapusta, Mario Drevenšek and Maya Medzhedelieva.
The key speaker, Tadej Slapnik, State Secretary in Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Slovenia stated that the blockchain is not a hype: “Is the blockchain really just a ‘hype’? No. Two and a half years ago, we have been searching for a system that would help us in a transition to circular economy. That is blockchain. It enables to create secure and transparent economic system and the world based on global sustainability and digital democracy.”
During the Meetup, the unique Blockchain EMBA program and Certified Blockchain program for developers, powered by COTRUGLI Blockchain Academy in collaboration with COTRUGLI Business School was also presented.
Zoran Đorđević, Managing Partner at COTRUGLI Business School stressed out that this program will set up a business school side by side with a world known educational institutions that have already implemented modules based on blockchain technology.
“Why should we start education based on a blockchain? There are currently 5.000 blockchain developers. We will need 500.000 of them on a global level by the end of 2020”, Martin Žagar from Croatian Academy of Engineering also explained.
Apart from that, many new innovations such as Tradershub ICO, 4th Pillar, EMARES, GLEDOS, Rootina, Oxcert, Element Estates and Beyond Seen Screen ICO were presented during the Meetup.
Among them, a new ICO, Tolar caught a great deal of attention:
“The idea about Tolar came up because we wanted to solve problems that similar technologies have: we wanted speed, security, but also a unique usage. We want Tolar to become standard for future, development and progress. We have solved the problems using the HashNET revolutionary algorithm.’’, stated Josip Maričević, CTO of Tolar.
The next Meetup is planned for May 2018 in Zagreb. Stay tuned!
Full photo gallery
More than 450 attendees will join the Blockchain Adria – Zagreb Meetup that will be held on Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 15:00 in hotel Westin. Please note that with this number the organizer has closed up the applications for the event.
If you didn’t make to book your seat on time, you will have the chance to attend the next Blockchain Adria Meetup that will be held in May in Zagreb.
For this upcoming event you can book your seat already today by applying on this link.
More info about the next Meetup will be available soon.